Friends of the Library
The library is interested in attracting interested/motivated persons to form an inaugural steering committee. It would serve to establish a Friends of the Library Group for the combined Waitaki District.
The value of a Friends of the Library would be to support the libraries, to advocate for them and institute new initiatives and activities to serve diverse communities throughout the District.
Focus areas would likely include –
• The support of seniors and lifelong learning.
• Pasifika peoples
• Tangata Whenua
• Migrants and new comers to the District
• An expanded Home Service with more collaboration with the rest homes throughout the District
• Literacy including digital learning programmes
• Continued (and improvements to) collaboration with other organizations
• Fundraising to support library programmes
Please contact Jean Rivett (Community Services and Deputy Library Manager) 03 433 0850 or Philip van Zijl (Libraries Manager) 03 433 0851 for more details.
Once we have received expressions of interest, the steering committee will draw up a constitution and invite membership applications.