Borrow library items on your phone or tablet
At level 2, keeping a safe distance means longer queues at our self loan kiosks. So to make things faster for you and your whanau, we have introduced our Patron Mobile Checkout App, which lets you borrow items using your own phone or tablet.
The app does require the Internet for it to work, so you can choose to connect using your own mobile data, or take advantage of our free WiFi (APNK Library) password apnk2765.
Once your device is connected it's time to install our app, so follow these instructions and happy issuing!
1) Search for Waitaki District Libraries on Google Play (for Android phones) or the App Store (for your iPhone).
2) Once installed, you need to give the app permission to take pictures and record video whilst using the app.
3) Log in using your library barcode number on the back of your membership card and enter your password (normally your first name in lower case).
4) Select the Borrow Items button to start, and a barcode scanning feature will come up.
5) You can now scan the item barcode and the item is instantly checked out.
6) When scanning your item's barcode, look for the one that says Waitaki District Libraries and not the ISBN barcode.
7) You can now exit the library without triggering the security gates.
There are a couple of things to look out for when using this app:
Most items can be issued on your device, except the following:
1) Rental items (anything with a $ sign sticker) - you will need to go to the self-check kiosk to pay for these or see a lovely librarian at the Help Desk
2) DVDs - you will need to pay for them and unlock them at the self-check kiosk.